A former Navy chaplain and disabled veteran, retired, Dr. Lancia graduated from Cranston High School East in 1972 and received a Bachelor’s degree from Rhode Island College in 1976. He received a Master of Divinity degree from Andover Newton Theological School in 1991; a Doctor of Divinity degree from United Theological Seminary in 2000, and a Master of Arts in religion and psychology from Andover Newton Theological School in 2001.
He was elected in November, 2014, as the State Representative from District 16, Cranston. Dr. Lancia and his wife, Maryann, have three children, Lisa, Scott and Amy, and seven grandchildren.
Successfully fought for:
- Increased tax relief on pensions.
- Reduced beach fees.
- License plates for Gold Star families.
In the next legislative session I promise to:
- Fight for elimination of the car tax.
- Continue to fight for the elimination of 911 fees on both cell phones and landlines.
- Push for total elimination of beach fees.
- Ensure all students have the opportunity for a quality education.
- Advocate for the “Line Item Veto” for the Governor.
- Insist on better accounting procedures like “Zero based budgeting”.
- Take care of our veterans.