PROVIDENCE – Leaders from the Veterans Benefits Administration’s Providence Regional Office and the Providence Veterans Affairs Medical Center will team up for a joint veterans town hall meeting Aug. 15 at the latter’s office on Chalkstone Avenue at 5:30 p.m.
The quarterly meeting will be held in the auditorium at the 830 Chalkstone Ave., Providence office at 7 p.m. The format will include a brief update on veteran issues, followed by questions from veterans in the audience.
“This is an opportunity for veterans, patients, families and community partners learn about new developments in veterans’ health care and benefits,” said Erin Clare Sears, acting director of the Providence VA Medical Center. “We invite you to come by, ask questions and tell us how we’re doing.”
PVAMC Public Affairs Officer Winfield S. Danielson said the bulk of the meeting is usually devoted to answering questions from veterans.
Topics the Providence VA Medical Center will address include:
- PVAMC maintaining its 5-star rating in July
- The new Integrative Wellness Center
- Highlights from U.S. Veteran Affairs Secretary David Shulkin’s visit in May
- Shulkin’s priorities and modernization efforts at PVAMC
- Dr. Susan MacKenzie being detailed as acting director for the Bedford Veterans Affairs Medical Center
The Providence VBA Regional Office will also give an update.