WEST GREENWICH, RI – September 11, 2017 – Salvatore “Sal” Caiozzo, an average American citizen and disabled US veteran, is announcing his candidacy for the 2nd Congressional district in Rhode Island. The announcement is being held on Thursday, September 14th at the American Legion Post 43, 662 West Shore Road, Warwick, RI at 6pm. Running as a republican, Caiozzo will be challenging 9-term democrat congressman James Langevin who’s been a member of Congress for 18 years.
“I’m a father, a small-businessman and a US veteran – I understand the plight of the average middle-class American today trying to make ends meet. We are the greatest nation in the world, and there is no reason why we should not have a thriving middle class creating prosperity for all citizens”, Caiozzo states. A lifelong Rhode Islander, and son of immigrants, Caiozzo has experienced the “American Dream” first hand and wants to ensure that all Americans have ample opportunity to share in that same dream. “It is my view that our political system has drifted away from the ideals that our nation and state were founded upon. In the preamble to the Constitution we find the purpose of government is ‘to promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.’ That statement should serve to remind us and our leaders why this great nation was formed. We have a responsibility to ensure that all of our Constitutional liberties are maintained and protected for future generations”, says Caiozzo.
Caiozzo continues, “Congressional district two has been represented by a person with a record of being a ‘follower’ for the past 18 years – Rhode Island deserves a leader, and a fighter in Washington who will ensure that our state is not ignored by the federal government.” Sal continues, “It is my goal to bring solution oriented leadership to D.C. I am currently organizing committees of regular everyday people with expertise in several areas to advise me on the real issues and provide real solutions. I am dedicated to solving problems intelligently, simply, directly, and constitutionally for all Rhode Islanders.”
His platform, firmly steeped in protecting liberty and freedoms of Americans is focused on working to strengthen the state of Rhode Island by reducing the over-burdensome federal control that is imposed on the states through funding mandates. Sal believes that the working class, our veterans, public education and so many other vital areas of daily life have seemingly been forgotten by Washington – and he wants to change that.
Caiozzo concludes, “Rhode Island is a wonderful place to live, work and raise a family – we should be an exemplary state to the rest of the country and I plan to help us achieve that.”
Some of the core beliefs that Sal will fight for:
– Ensure Rhode Island is not ignored by the D.C. political establishment
– Reduce burdensome federal regulations that tie the hands of the states as they try to best manage themselves
– Reform our Social Security system to ensure that it is fully funded and will fulfill the promise made to Americans
– Support our military men and women both on the battlefield and just as importantly – when they get home
– Work to bring back healthy, sustainable fishing and farming industries in RI to continue our rich heritage
– Reduce federal intervention in state education policy – we need to let the states decide what is best for their citizens
– Stop allowing party politics from continuing to prevent progress for the American people – people before politics